Wine & Chocolate – Making the Perfect Match | Boston Wine School @ VINOvations
October 5 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Who could resist wine or chocolate, and even if you could, why would you? Put them together, and you’ve got one of the world’s most delicious food and wine pairings. We will explore the spectrums of both wine and chocolate in this 2 hour class. Learn what wine and chocolate have in common and how they develop their unique styles. Taste through a variety of wines and chocolates in search of the most perfect match. At the end of this class, you’ll have a good understanding of your taste in chocolate and your favorite pairings too!
Please understand the wine menu is subject to change based on availability, chef creativity, teacher whimsy, and more!
- NV Boston Winery Brachetto (Dorchester, Boston, MA, USA) + Valrhona Dark Chocolate Pearls
- 2014 Josef Friederich Piesporter Goldtröpchen Riesling Spätlese (Mosel, central Rhine, western Germany) + Callebaut Milk Chocolate
- 2014 Falernia Carmenere Reserva (Valle de Elqui, Chile) + Valrhona “Caramélia”
- 2014 La Bouvaude “Fruiandise” Côtes-du-Rhône (Rhône Valley, southern France) + Lindt Excellence “Intense Orange” Dark Chocolate
- 2013 Victor Hugo Petite Sirah (Paso Robles, southern California, USA) + Taza “Guajillo Chili” Dark Chocolate
- NV Conte Vistarino “Costiolo” Sangue di Giuda Dolce (Oltrepo Pavese, Pavia, Lombardy, north-central Italy) + El Rey “Gran Saman”
Missa has held various positions in the wine industry, each of which brings her incredible fulfillment. She is a certified French Wine Scholar (FWS), certified with the Wine and Spirits Trust, Levels 2 and 3 (WSET), and a certified educator with Boston Wine School (BWSEd). Her unique combination of talent allows her to translate the nuances of wine for the everyday wine drinker in an accessible and fun way.
YOUR HOST VENUE
VINOvations is a state of the art destination for wine lovers who want more than just the usual. We strive to enhance our customers wine drinking experience by offering a vast selection of boutique wines from around the world. We offer our guests the charm and amenities of a winery: our unique 2500 sq ft. event space includes a 40 bottle automated wine tasting room, private tasting stations, dual Chef’s Studio Kitchen, wine education & much more.